Pete’s Greens seeks a highly organized and efficient individual to manage financial record keeping for multiple companies at our farm. Our bookkeeper will manage accounts receivable, payable, deposits and payroll for multiple companies and participate in the improvement of financial management through consistent accounting practices and accurate reporting. This position includes some administrative/ office management tasks. Must be able to adapt to a growing business.
- Bi-weekly review of AR Monthly statement generation, collections
- Invoice internal company to company transactions
- Post payments daily in QB; make deposits to branch
- Issue payments to vendors weekly
- Categorize debit and charge account activity weekly
- Retrieve and file all invoice copies and receipts weekly
- Review employee hours and process payroll bi-weekly for two companies
- Collect W4’s, complete I9’s, set up for payroll
- Keep employee files & data up to date
- Submit all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting and payments to IRS and State
- Ensure consistent accounting practices and accurate reporting
- Reconcile all accounts monthly
- Update and maintain several internal accounting spreadsheets
- Maintain a streamlined and transparent filing system
- Provide credit info to vendors as required
- File quarterly sales tax return.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, DropBox
- Proficiency with computer, printer, scanner connections and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Well developed communication skills, including listening
- Highly organized and efficient time management skills
- Adaptable and willing to change
- Problem solver who can take initiative and work independently
This position is 30 hours per week. More hours may be available for the candidate with the right mix of skills.
Salary and Benefits: Hourly rate dependent upon experience. Health insurance and paid time off available. Employees have access to our diverse array of vegetables!
To apply: email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include years of experience working with and familiarity with QuickBooks.
We’re seeking a motivated, talented individual to work in our 50,000 square ft of heated and 2.5 acres of unheated greenhouses and tunnels. We grow a huge array of crops year-round indoors from arugula to zucchini. Primary tasks include assisting to execute the greenhouse management plan and directing a team to optimize planting, transplanting, harvesting, packing, system monitoring, pest management, and general maintenance. Additional tasks may include working in our packing shed and in the field. Pete’s Greens is a fast paced farm where we measure success partially through financial and production metrics.
Start and transplant seeds, take care of starts and transplants
Maintain GH plants including tomatoes and Euro cukes
Manage irrigation system
Monitor and control indoor climate
Pest & disease ID and control (includes application of organically certified pesticides)
Manage organic soil fertility
Harvest of some greenhouse crops
Work in packing shed washing and packing vegetables
Other duties as needed
Knowledge of organic greenhouse production and general organic farming practices is preferred
Ability to manage a crew efficiently (crew is mostly Spanish speaking – Spanish language is a plus)
Organized, able to maintain accurate detailed records
Team player – able to share data, follow the planting plan of crop planning manager, and coordinate staff needs with other farm managers
Problem-solving ability, a strong work ethic, and a passion for sustainable and healthy food
Able to take direction, work in different areas of the farm, and move efficiently between tasks
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (much farm communication is via smartphone/email)
Basic computer skills include the ability to efficiently use Email, Internet, Word and Excel
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Experience w/ driving tractor and operating equipment is helpful
Available to work one weekend day/week
Hours and Pay: This is a full time, year-round position. Competitive rate offered to qualified candidate.
HOW TO APPLY: Email questions or a copy of your resume and cover letter along with 3 business references to email@example.com.
Pete’s Greens seeks a skilled individual to join our farming/equipment/maintenance crew. Our equipment operator joins the rest of our highly motivated, energetic farm team in carrying out farming, harvest and equipment repair tasks. The ideal candidate will have experience operating various farm and construction equipment, and will possess adequate knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair.
This is a year-round full-time position. Candidate must have some weekend availability.
Job Responsibilities include:
Safely operate a range of equipment including a wide variety of tractors and cultivation/ harvest implements, forklifts, backhoe, loader, trucks and trailers.
Safely load and unload equipment and maneuver trailers
Perform equipment checks before driving to ensure equipment is ready for use
Perform basic maintenance and repair to farm equipment
Document all issues with equipment and communicate necessary repairs to others on Farm team
Perform repairs to infrastructure on farm
Our candidate must:
possess a clean driver’s license
have verifiable mechanical skills
be able to take verbal or written direction and then carry out tasks independently and efficiently
be capable of maintaining communication with others on team via regular email/smartphone
be able to maintain organizational standards on the farm
be capable of engaging in heavy to strenuous lifting (50 lbs and sometimes more), w/ ability to stoop, bend, climb and work in cramped positions. Work may be performed outside, in potentially extreme temperatures. Must be capable of sustained physical effort under these conditions.
Pay commensurate with ability. Up to $45K annually for qualified candidate.
Send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with references to the farm to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.