We’re growing! We are currently hiring for a number of positions. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
Farmers Market Helper
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to help with the Saturday Montpelier Farmers Market starting the beginning of May until the end of August from 7 am until 3 pm.
- Familiarity with produce
- Basic math skills and ability to handle cash on the fly
- Neat handwriting & aesthetic flair (must be able to create a pleasing display and attractive easy to read freehand signage)
- Detail oriented and efficient – this is a fast paced environment!
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to act as an ambassador for our farm
- Must be fit and capable of repeatedly lifting heavy crates of about 50 lbs.
Pay: Hourly starting at $12.50 depending on skills and ability
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter along with work references to email@example.com
You may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Job open until filled.
Pete’s Greens is looking for a creative, skilled and organized marketer, wordsmith and team player to be responsible for our farm’s marketing and communication.
The successful candidate will possess marketing savvy, excellent written and oral communications skills, project management experience, attention to detail and technical know-how.
In the role of Communications Coordinator you will:
- Maintain up to date website
- Maintain social media
- Maintain updated farm literature
- Design and place ads with media as needed for all farm and CSA purposes
- Write press releases as needed
Within the role of Marketing Coordinator you will:
- Develop consistent brand appearance and message across all platforms
- Manage format of weekly CSA newsletter
- Write compelling blasts that encourage people to join our CSA
- Develop and execute new strategies to help sell CSA shares and reach new customers
- Manage format and functionality of weekly wholesale sales blasts
- Work directly with distributors and large accounts to coordinate efforts that will ensure successful placement and sales of Pete’s Greens product
- Work with PG staff in launch of new ventures
- Work with PG staff, graphic designer and/or packaging manufacturer to design new product labels and associated marketing and POS material
Proficiency with the following a must:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point (and/or Pages and Keynote)
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Web development tools and software including basic HTML
- Graphic design ability a plus
Once a member of our team, our ideal Marketing Coordinator will be tuned in daily to social media platforms and will remain acutely aware of how we are marketing to all customers thru all channels. This person will possess a “hunter” mentality, looking to increase sales and eager to assist other managers on the farm to integrate best marketing and sales methods and platforms into our weekly processes. Our marketing coordinator will also be a part of our farm team working with us in Craftsbury, intensely tuned in with us each week through the changes of seasons and the varying availability of crops and labor.
This position puts you in the center of the Vermont local food movement and gives you access to the bounty at Pete’s Greens.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Marketing Strategy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Web Design: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply: Send a resume PLUS a really good cover letter so we know how good your written communication skills are to email@example.com.
Ultimately, we will be asking for professional references and a copy of your portfolio to evaluate before we hire.
Our Washhouse Manager leads our energetic and bilingual washhouse team to keep team on task in order to meet daily production & quality goals.
Our Washhouse Manager oversees vegetable processes including washing, culling, packing, maintaining storage conditions for, and monitoring inventory of, all vegetables grown on the farm in order to provide high quality produce to wholesale, retail and CSA customers. This physically and mentally demanding job requires great organizational skills, attention to quality, ability to manage and motivate employees, ample energy as well as clear written and verbal communication skills, and a great attitude.
We are hiring immediately for our Washhouse Manager in Training position. Once hired, our Manager-in-Training will work alongside our crew in both our washhouse and fields performing all tasks in order to become familiar with people, processes, vegetable quality and timing. The successful Manager-in-Training will gain knowledge and practical skills over 4-6 months that will prepare the individual to take on management of different processes one by one. We seek to hire someone who is passionate about farming and who will truly enjoy working alongside our crew in this year-round, FT position. Because of the seasonal variation on our farm, this job requires a minimum of a full year for any person to understand how everything fits together. We are interested in hiring someone who plans to remain in our area.
Duties of the Washhouse Manager
- Develop daily work plan that makes the best use of 6-16 employees, equipment, and space and that ensures orders are packed in time.
- Maintain quality standards for all the produce passing through the wash-house. This requires understanding of quality issues and constant observation of the products and employees.
- Maintain a clean and organized wash-house
- Keep inventory of wash-house supplies
- High energy and ability to work four 10-12 hour days per week
- Great organizational skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability and interest in directing people
- Knowledge of produce and produce quality standards
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to operate a forklift a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
HOW TO APPLY: Email questions or a copy of your resume and cover letter along with 3 business references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re seeking a motivated, talented individual to work at our farm, inside our packing shed and in our 50,000 square ft of heated and 2.5 acres of unheated greenhouses and tunnels. We grow a huge array of crops year-round from arugula to zucchini. Primary tasks include assisting to execute the greenhouse management plan and directing a team to optimize planting, transplanting, harvesting, packing, system monitoring, pest management, and general maintenance. Pete’s Greens is a fast paced farm where we measure success partially through financial and production metrics.
Start and transplant seeds, take care of starts and transplants
Maintain GH plants including tomatoes and Euro cukes
Manage irrigation system
Monitor and control indoor climate
Pest & disease ID and control (includes application of organically certified pesticides)
Manage organic soil fertility
Harvest of some greenhouse crops
Work in packing shed washing and packing vegetables
Other duties as needed
Knowledge of organic greenhouse production and general organic farming practices is preferred
Ability to manage a crew efficiently (crew is mostly Spanish speaking – Spanish language is a plus)
Organized, able to maintain accurate detailed records
Team player – able to share data, follow the planting plan of crop planning manager, and coordinate staff needs with other farm managers
Problem-solving ability, a strong work ethic, and a passion for sustainable and healthy food
Able to take direction, work in different areas of the farm, and move efficiently between tasks
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (much farm communication is via smartphone/email)
Basic computer skills include the ability to efficiently use Email, Internet, Word and Excel
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Experience w/ driving tractor and operating equipment is helpful
Available to work one weekend day/week
Hours and Pay: This is a full time, year-round position. Competitive rate offered to qualified candidate. Health insurance may be available. And of course the veggie benefit!
HOW TO APPLY: Email questions or a copy of your resume and cover letter along with 3 business references to email@example.com.
Pete’s Greens seeks a skilled individual to join our farming/equipment/maintenance crew. Our equipment operator joins the rest of our highly motivated, energetic farm team in carrying out farming, harvest and equipment repair tasks. The ideal candidate will have experience operating various farm and construction equipment, and will possess adequate knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair.
This is a year-round full-time position. Candidate must have some weekend availability.
Job Responsibilities include:
Safely operate a range of equipment including a wide variety of tractors and cultivation/ harvest implements, forklifts, backhoe, loader, trucks and trailers.
Safely load and unload equipment and maneuver trailers
Perform equipment checks before driving to ensure equipment is ready for use
Perform basic maintenance and repair to farm equipment
Document all issues with equipment and communicate necessary repairs to others on Farm team
Perform repairs to infrastructure on farm
Our candidate must:
possess a clean driver’s license
have verifiable mechanical skills
be able to take verbal or written direction and then carry out tasks independently and efficiently
be capable of maintaining communication with others on team via regular email/smartphone
be able to maintain organizational standards on the farm
be capable of engaging in heavy to strenuous lifting (50 lbs and sometimes more), w/ ability to stoop, bend, climb and work in cramped positions. Work may be performed outside, in potentially extreme temperatures. Must be capable of sustained physical effort under these conditions.
Pay commensurate with ability. Starting at $42K annually for qualified candidate.
Send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with references to the farm to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.