Feel free to reduce the amount of mustard if you don’t like things too spicy. If you don’t have scallions feel free to leave out.
- 3 tablespoons hot Chinese mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 small heads napa cabbage (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 large bunch scallions, roots trimmed (if scallions are thick, cut them in half lengthwise)
Heat grill to high. Mix together mustard, agave nectar, 1 teaspoon oil, the garlic, and basil. Cut cabbage lengthwise into quarters, leaving core intact. Brush cabbage and scallions with remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- Grill cabbage, flat side down, 3 minutes.
- Flip, and continue to grill until charred.
- Remove from grill.
- Add scallions to grill, and cook until partially charred, flipping halfway through cooking, about 2 minutes total.
- Brush cabbage and scallions on all sides with mustard glaze.
- Cut scallions lengthwise into thirds.
- Arrange cabbage on a platter, and top with scallions.