This is a simple yummy salad. It calls for steaming beets, but you could boil til tender, or (my favorite), cut into 1/2 to 1″ pieces and broil them. And way you make it, it will be delicious. Adapted from Epicurious.com.
- 1 small bunch mizuna
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Discard course stems from mizuna, then wash greens well and dry.
- Whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste, and whisk in oil until emulsified.
- Pour half of the vinaigrette over the beets and toss well.
- With the remaining vinaigrette, drizzle enough over mizuna to lightly coat, and toss well.
- Arrange mizuna and beets on two plates.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and, if desired, add goat cheese and serve.