Located in Craftsbury, the Pete’s Greens Farmstand serves its community by providing a wide variety of fresh, seasonal, organic produce along with local cheeses and dairy products, pastured meats, fresh breads and eggs, and other local staples and goodies. The farm stand is open daily from Mid-May to Mid-October.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with merchandising savvy and an eye for detail to join our team. We are looking for someone that can work all day Saturdays and possibly cover other shifts. Because our farmstand is self-service and does not require someone in the store at all times, the farm stand staff member can also spend some of their work hours doing other tasks such as packing grain and flour for the farmstand. This job requires frequent lifting of heavy cases of produce so applicant must be fit and capable of repeatedly lifting 50 lbs.
Farmstand Products Display and Management
- Stock and maintain farm produce, meat, kitchen products and any other goods
- Ensure proper product labeling
- Rotate stock
- Ensure correct retail pricing for all items in stand
- Ensure all perishable products are pulled from shelves by their sell by date
- Maintain aesthetics of displays, etc.
- Keep cooler, display shelving and farmstand clean, dust free and tidy
- Basic landscaping: maintain the farmstand flower beds
- Update farm stand chalkboards and road side signage
- Create signage in stand to promote products
Other farms related tasks
- Washing and packing produce on Fridays with the wash house team
- Packing grains and flour
- Other tasks as needed
- Familiarity with produce
- Basic math skills
- Neat handwriting & aesthetic flair (must be able to create pleasing display and attractive easy to read freehand signage)
- Basic computer skills (Email, Internet, Word and Excel, Dropbox)
- Detail oriented and efficient
- Positive attitude
- Good driving skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to act as ambassador for our farm
Hours: Saturdays starting mid-May until mid-October. Other shifts available to cover throughout the season. Additional hours may be available on Fridays in the wash house.
Pay: Hourly started at $12.50 depending on skills and ability
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter along with work references to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may email questions to email@example.com directly.
Job open until filled.
Greenhouse Tech Job Description
We're seeking a motivated, talented individual to work in our 50,000 square ft of heated and 2.5 acres of unheated greenhouses and tunnels. We grow a huge array of crops year-round indoors from arugula to zucchini. Primary tasks include assisting to execute the greenhouse management plan and directing a team to optimize planting, transplanting, harvesting, packing, system monitoring, pest management, and general maintenance. Additional tasks may include working in our packing shed and in the field. Pete's Greens is a fast paced farm where we measure success partially through financial and production metrics.
- Start and transplant seeds, take care of starts and transplants
- Maintain GH plants including tomatoes and Euro cukes
- Manage irrigation system
- Monitor and control indoor climate
- Pest & disease ID and control (includes application of organically certified pesticides)
- Manage organic soil fertility
- Harvest of some greenhouse crops
- Work in packing shed washing and packing vegetables
- Other duties as needed
- Knowledge of organic greenhouse production and general organic farming practices is preferred
- Ability to manage a crew efficiently (crew is mostly Spanish speaking - Spanish language is a plus)
- Organized, able to maintain accurate detailed records
- Team player – able to share data, follow the planting plan of crop planning manager, and coordinate staff needs with other farm managers
- Problem-solving ability, a strong work ethic, and a passion for sustainable and healthy food
- Able to take direction, work in different areas of the farm, and move efficiently between tasks
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (much farm communication is via smartphone/email)
- Basic computer skills include the ability to efficiently use Email, Internet, Word and Excel
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Experience w/ driving tractor and operating equipment is helpful
- Available to work one weekend day/week
Hours and Pay: This is a full time, year-round position. Competitive rate offered to qualified candidate.
HOW TO APPLY: Email questions or a copy of your resume and cover letter along with 3 business references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an energetic and detail oriented individual to join our retail produce and grocery sales team in Waterbury. This position requires an individual who is dedicated, reliable, organized & self-directed. Position will start immediately.
Applicant must have experience in produce, display and marketing. Our Market is open 7 days a week. Regular weekend commitment is required.