What is Good Eats CSA?
Good Eats CSA is our weekly food delivery program. Each week we deliver fresh vegetables from the farm, plus locally grown and produced staples, value added products and meats to our members. Along with the beautiful fresh produce and food, members receive our weekly e-newsletter with news from the farm and information, recipes, and how to information about the food in that week's share. We started Good Eats because we wanted the public to have full and direct access to all of the great vegetables we grow. Joining our CSA is the best way for our customers to experience the full diversity that makes up Pete’s Greens.
Good Eats CSA is based on the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) model where members receive a weekly share of produce, locavore goods, or meats after making a financial commitment to us for each seasonal period. You can pick up your Good Eats share at our farm in Craftsbury or at over 20 delivery sites in central and northern Vermont.
We offer five different share types.
- It's Convenient! Farm fresh food is delivered to a convenient site near you year-round!
- It’s Fresh! Our produce is super fresh and delicious because it’s hand picked within days and sometimes even hours of when it is delivered.
- It’s Healthy! Aside from being organic, there’s nothing like having a batch of fresh veggies delivered every week to encourage you to cook healthy meals that are packed with fresh flavors and loads of vitamins! Many of our customers enjoy the challenge of using new vegetables and learning new reicipes. Eating on a local level puts you in tune to your environment and the seasons!
- It’s Affordable! Our weekly shares save our members an average of 18% per week over retail. We plan our shares to include a set of valued items that meets your contribution.
- It’s Good for the Environment! Our produce is good for the environment because we use no chemical fertilizers or pesticides, and fossil fuels are not wasted on long distance transportation.
- It Supports Farmers! Receiving your money and commitment up front helps us pay our bills, plan and farm better.
- It Builds Community! Supporting a local farmer puts a face on the food you eat. A CSA is a great way to get to know your farmer, neighbors, and get more involved in community activities. Participation keeps your dollars local, nurturing the health of the community and the environment we live in.